Hungarian Names and Their Meaning That You Can Choose for Your Baby
Choosing the right name for your baby might be quite difficult sometimes. As a parent, you definitely want to give good name for your baby. There are many names that you can choose that have very beautiful meaning. You also can use words from various languages as well as the name for your baby. One of the languages that have many meaningful words is Hungarian.
Hungarian is considered as one of the most popular languages in the world. There are so many words in Hungarian that have very deep and beautiful meaning. These words are often being used as the name for boys or girls. If you want to name your baby but you still can’t find the right one, using one of Hungarian names might be one of the best solutions that you can find these days.
If you want to name your baby using Hungarian names, you need to know the meaning of the names that you want to give to your baby. These days you can find Hungarian names and their meaning easily using the internet. There are so many websites that give information about Hungarian names along with their meaning that you can choose for your baby. If you need references, below are several popular Hungarian names for boys and girls along with their meaning.
Hungarian Names for Baby Boy and Their Meaning
- Bodi. Bodi means “God Bless the King”. This name came from Hungarian word and it’s being used as masculine name for centuries.
- Fredek. Fredek means “Peaceful Ruler”. This word is the Hungarian form of “Frederick”. Fredek is considered as one of the most popular boy names in Hungarian.
- Gergo. Gergo means “Watchful”. Gergo came from Hungarian word means “watchful”. This name signifies the attention to details.
- Istvan. Istvan means “Crowned in Victory”. This name is also considered as one of the most popular names for boys in Hungarian. This word is also known as the Hungarian form of “Stephen” as well.
- Jozsef. Jozsef means “May God Give Increase”. Jozsef is the Hungarian form of “Joseph”.
- Laszlo means “Rules with Glory”. This name is also known as the more familiar form of the word “Vladislav”.
- Marton. Marton means “Warrior of Mars”. Marton is one of the Hungarian names that are popular for boys.
- Moricz. Moricz means “Moorish”. This is also considered as one of the most popular Hungarian words that are chosen as name for boys.
- Sandor. Sandor means “Defender of Man” in Hungarian.
- Soma. Soma means “Horn”. Soma is one of the most favorite words in Hungarian that are often used as name for boys. This word means “horn” in Hungarian.
- Tabor. Tabor means “Camp”. Besides being used in Hungarian, this word is also being used in Hebrew as well. In Hebrew, Tabor means “Drum”. This word came from Bible which was the name of a mountain that became a landmark located near Nazareth.
- Markus. Markus means “of Mars” in Hungarian. Mars is the name of Roman Fertility God. The name of this god is also used as the name of March as well. Markus has the same meaning in Dutch, German, and Scandinavian. Markus is also a word in Latin as well which means “Hammer”. In Swedish, Markus means “Warring”.
- Boldizsar. Boldizsar means “God Bless the King”. This word has similar meaning with the word “Bodi”.
- Andor. Andor means “Manly” in Hungarian. This word is also known in Greek as well and has similar meaning. In Scandinavian, Andor means “Eagle Thunder”.
- Albert. Albert means “Noble or Bright”. This word originally came from German. Albert is also a popular name in Swedish as well.
- Lorant. Lorant means “Brave Warrior” in Hungarian. This name signifies the leadership qualities.
Hungarian Names for Baby Girl and Their Meaning
- Agotha. Agotha means “Kind”. This is one of the most popular girl names in Hungarian. Agotha is also known as the Hungarian form of “Agatha”.
- Agoti means “Kind” in Hungarian. Just like Agotha, Agoti is also Hungarian form of “Agatha” as well.
- Alberta. Alberta means “Noble”. This word came from German word and it’s being used as one of the most popular names for girls in Hungarian. It also means “Bright” as well.
- Alexa. Alexa means “Defender of Mankind”. This word came from the word “Alexandra”. Alexa is also commonly associated with meanings such as “Emperors” or “Conquerors” as well.
- Alexandra. Alexandra means “Defender of Mankind” in Hungarian. This word is the feminine form of “Alexander” which has similar meaning. This word is also known in other languages as well including English, Czech, Greek, Italian, and Swedish, all with similar meaning.
- Aliz. Aliz means “Honest” in Hungarian. This word is basically the Hungarian form of the word “Alice”. In German, Aliz means “Sweet”.
- Bora. Bora means “Stranger” in Hungarian. This is also considered as one of the most popular names for girls in Hungarian.
- Borka. Borka means “Foreign Woman” in Hungarian. This word is also related with meanings “Stranger” and “Exotic” as well. Borka is basically a variant of the word “Barbara” in Hungarian.
- Borsala. Borsala also means “Foreign Woman” in Hungarian.
- Eszti. Eszti means “Star” in Hungarian. Eszti is one of the most popular names for girls in Hungarian.
- Gisella. Gisella means “Pledge” in Hungarian. This word is also known in French and German as well and has similar meaning.
- Ica. Ica means “Light” in Hungarian. Ica is also known in Greek as well and has similar meaning.
- Juliska. Juliska means “Youthful” in Hungarian.
- Karole. Karole means “Joy” in Hungarian. This word is basically a variant of the word “Carol” which has similar meaning.
- Katinka. Katinka means “Pure” in Hungarian. This word basically came from Russian and it’s the Russian form of the word “Catherine”.
Those are Hungarian names that can be used for baby boy and baby girl. You can choose which name that you think is great for your baby. You also can combine those names with other words from other languages to create beautiful name for your baby as well.